• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Increase/decrease amount/time adjustments

cmbrougham

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
OK, here's a nutty one:

What if, in the Recipe View, you could use the Control or Shift keys to change the increment on the Increase/Decrease Amount/Time buttons?

Right now, Increase/Decrease Amount works in "quarter of" increments... as in a quarter of an ounce, or quarter of a pound (for us State-side brewers, anyway). What if holding down either the Control or Shift buttons (on the keyboard) would change that increment--just as a temporary override. For instance, Control could up that to "half of", and Shift could up it to "whole" values. Time could be adjusted similarly, like in 5 and then 10 minute increments.

I know that you can double-click on each ingredient and change the values directly, but I like to be able to see the changes that are taking place as I move the ingredient amounts and times around. Stepping in largely increments would be a very cool option.

Just one of those crazy thoughts, ya know... 8)

Not a bad idea!

I can't guarantee it will make it in the very next version as I already have a pretty extensive list of items to complete at the moment, but I will certainly add it to my "to do" list.

Cheers!
Brad

Back