• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Beersmith Cloud Crashing

76beers

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm having an issue with beersmith 3 running on my Mac. It is with my cloud account. Every time I try to add a new recipe it crashes. I can add recipes to local, but not the cloud. If I add a recipe to local & try copying across to the cloud it crashes. Any ideas on what is causing it, & how to fix it? could it be an issue with the back up?

Make sure you are running the 3.1 update (Help->About) which is available on the BeerSmith.com site.

Brad

Download 3.1.08 from the main download page.

I'm running 3.1.08 and also having these problems also with running Big Sur on my mac.

I am having the same issue....long time user of Beersmith, bu this is frustrating

I am running 3.0.8 under MacOS 11.2.3 and BeerSmith is crashing randomly every few minutes.  When I restart it says another copy is running and when I try to open my recipe about half the time it says the recipe is open on another computer and won't let me open it.  After a few minutes if I quit and try again I can open the recipe but it generally crashes again within a few minutes, losing all of my work.

It's not just the cloud.  It also happens when I am disconnected from the internet and/or when the cloud folder isn't open.

This has rendered BeerSmith unusable for me.  Today I am brewing with pencil and paper.  I tried 4 times to get a new recipe set up and gave up after losing all of my work every time.

So nothing.  I guess I'll move to different software.  This is very disappointing.

OK I fixed it myself.  I backed up my recipe/etc info, uninstalled the software using CleanMyMac, reinstalled a clean copy of 3.1.8, and moved my info back in.  Hasn't crashed so far after a couple hours.  So something somewhere was corrupted.  Should have done that in the first place I guess. 

I had the same issue with ver. 3.1.07 on Windows. I uninstalled it and installed ver. 3.2.7 then the issue was resolved.
It turned out that I had maximum number of recipes for my subscription plan in the cloud and trying to add another recipe was causing the crash.
Hope this info helps someone.

Back