• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Beersmith3 error 28: no space left on device

shanerichard

Apprentice
Reaction score

I've been getting this error message ('failed to flush the file.....(error 28: No space left on device)') ever since I upgraded my iMac's operating system to Big Sur. I previously had Berrsmith 2 and I was getting a similar error message to the one attached and I read that was becaouse beersmith 2 was not compatible with Big Sur (http://www.beersmith.com/forum/index.php?topic=21786.0) so I purchased Beersmith3 and I seem to be still getting the same errors where I can't save anything on the program. Is there a fix for this problem?

Did you install 3.1.8?

This error indicates the storage /disk/system is full.  You can use the Disk Utility to run an error check as well as see the remaining capacity of the storage. I suggest searching google for "macos error 28" for various troubleshooting guides. 

Hi jomebrew,

Yeah my version is 3.1.08. Did the disk utility check and it came back with now errors and I have 60 off GB left on my hard drive. Probably a little low. Need to do a purge.

I'll take a look on google to see if I can find a solution.

Back