• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Mangrove Jacks Bavarian Wheat 1st try

gtm

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I am a newbie in Homebrewing and i am doing my first try with a bavarian Wheat of Mangrove Jacks. I have done whole the process correct i believe and i want to ask some questions.
I am in 13th day of fermentation. I still have bubbles (1 every 10 minutes).
Are the bubbles a criterion for the completion of the fermentation?
Is this the time to take a SG reading in order to check if i am in the desired one? If i am not mistaken the SG reading should be the same for 48 hours in order to assume i am ready
Is it normal for the fermentation to take so long? The temperature is about 20 degrees constant

Thanks

1. Airlock activity is a poor gauge of fermentation.
2. Some CO2 is slowly coming out of solution and causing an occasional bubble. Take 2 gravity readings at least 48 hours apart. Fermentation is complete if the readings agree.
3. Fermentation is usually finished shortly after the Krausen recedes. It's not uncommon for it to take a week or less, but leaving it in the fermenter for 2 to 3 weeks total will usually improve the beer.

Back