• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

BeerSmith Data Missing

cdykema

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Ive seen this issue posted about a couple years ago but nothing recently. I have used Beersmith for two years with no issues at all. This weekend I tried to run it and got a Data missing error (Ive included a screen capture of the message). Ive also included a screen capture of my Beersmith directory and the recipe.bsmx file is present as was referenced in the past. Ive gone through my antivirus to make sure that wasnt it and the program still will not run with the antivirus turned off. I did try reinstalling the software figuring that might help and since I have all my recipes printed out I could just add them back in but still nothing works.

Attachments

• DataMissingCapture.PNG
    DataMissingCapture.PNG
    18.3 KB · Views: 271
  • BeersmithDirectoryCapture.PNG
    BeersmithDirectoryCapture.PNG
    50.4 KB · Views: 300
Not sure if you have done so, but try "changing the directory" and pointing back to the same directory. It could be some simple syntax error that has to clear.

Another thing you can do is to copy the entire directory and move it to another folder. Try changing the directory and pointing to that new location. See if either of those help.

Thanks samlbowles, that seems to have worked. I did end up losing all my recipes but I haev them printed out and in the cloud so IM good there. thanks for the help!

This is strange as entire folders are missing.  Especially the archive folder.

Check this path on your system C:\Users\Dykema Family\AppData\Roaming/BeerSmith3. 
(appdata is hidden by default)

Back