• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Beersmith Dry Hop Recipe Instructions

Sigma Brew

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I am new to BeerSmith and dry hopping.  When I entered the hops for dry hopping, the recipe instructions say:  - 3.0 Days Before Bottling for 14.0 Days.  Not sure what that means.  Any help appreciated.

The instructions are based upon when the hops are added and how long they remain in contact with the beer.  Both of these are set by the user when adding the dry hop step to the recipe in the design box.  In your case, the instructions now state to add the dry hops 3 days before you bottle the beer (the when) and allow them to remain in contact for 14 days (the duration).  Obviously this is not how you want to do it, so you can and should adjust these times in your recipe.

Now I get it.  I didn't change anything in the settings when I entered the dry hop additions.  Thanks for the simple answer to my boneheaded question. 

Back