• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Help, my Beersmith copy is corrupt!

LRAT

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi,
As you've probably read in my previous messages I am experiencing serious problems in Beersmith 3.
It has come to the point where I can't open my existing backups.
It all started when I wanted to install the latest version of Beersmith 3.2.7.
When I installed that version it opened but didn't show my recipes.
I pointed the start-up directory to where my old recipe folder was (D:\Beersmith)
but instead of opening this folder it started to populate this folder with everything that's on my D-Drive!!!
Op top of that it installed every bit of the program on the D-Drive between all my other files.
My directory is now cluttered with every part of the Beersmith program and my folders are now copied in my Beersmith folder.
What a mess!
When I open Beersmith it tells me: "Another copy maybe running).
I've opened the task manager to double check but nothing is running.
If I continue it opens the program but is completely empty.
I am sure that my old data is in D:\Beersmith main folder.bsmx but when I double click on it it tells me that the folder is corrupt.
I have deactivated my license. Uninstalled Beersmith and removed all remnants. Then re-installed again but all to no avail.
It also shows the following message:

Primary Recipe File Problems
Your primary recipe data location appears to be corrupt but there is a backup present - I will attempt to load the last session backup of your recipes.

When I click continue, it opens up the Welcome to Beersmith 3 screen and asks me to activate my copy (But that's already been done).
I am utterly lost and I hope that somebody can explain what's going on.
I am using Windows 10 and running the latest version.
Cheers,
Luke

Could you drop me an email at beersmith at beersmith.com - this appears to be a fairly complex problem but I would be happy to help you get to a solution.

Brad

Hi Brad,
I would like to contact you via email but your email address is not listed.

Read the previous message - it?s beersmith at beersmith.com - replace the at with an @ and remove the spaces.

Brad

Back