• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Tilt CSV specs?

B

bbuzzone

There are now multiple competitors to the Tilt (iSpindle, Brewbrain Float).  It appears that CSV's from those are not formatted identical to the Tilt CSV.

Ideally these new CSV formats would be supported, but until (if that even happens) if we can get the file format (Data specs and column widths) those of us not using Tilt should be able to convert our CSV files to import to BeerSmith.

If I've missed that this is published somewhere, please point me in the right direction!

Thanks,
Buzz

Have not seen a response, so did some trial and error on this...

Here's an example of my modified excel CSV file that finally worked

Date Temperature Gravity Day
6/20/2021 0:19 69.91 1.077 1
6/20/2021 0:33 68.56 1.076 1
6/20/2021 0:47 68.23 1.076 1
6/20/2021 1:02 68 1.077 1
6/20/2021 1:16 67.89 1
6/20/2021 1:16 1.077 1

For the Float, I had to add the header row and day specific values while deleting the other float data columns.  No adjustments for column width needed. 

In all tedious to manipulate but certainly not a deal breaker.  As I'd like to store this data, I will leverage BrewBrain's website reports during fermentation and look to import the data after I've kegged.

Sorry for not responding earlier. I went through this some months back. I manually entered some fermentation readings into BeerSmith, then exported them to a CSV, figuring that the same format would be used for import. That format is exactly what you listed above, and it imports properly. I haven't been tracking fermentations in BeerSmith so I forgot that I had done this.

--GF

Back