• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Acid addition

jmiliz

Apprentice
Reaction score
I use a Blichmann BrewEasy system with the BIAB mash profile as suggested. When I calculate acid to add (I start with RO water) i would guess its calculating for the entire volume of water. When I mash in however only a portion of the water is used and sits in the mash tun for 10-15 minutes before I start recirculation. Given the water:grain is not truly full volume for the first 10-15min will this affect the amount of acid to use and should I calculate the acid based on the amount of water I intend to put in the top mash tun rather than the entire volume?

If you pick a BIAB mash profile you will get the full volume of water added up front (its what I use with mine).  This will also force the water calculations to be full size if you adjust the water as the final step in building the recipe.

Back