• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

macOS High Sierra viewing error

mnvader

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I'm running Beersmith 3.2.7 on a 2011 iMac running macOS 10.13.6. I'm not sure when it started, but certainly after I started using Beersmith3. When ever I use Beersmith, I can't see anything in the recipe folders or in the actual recipes until I click inside them. This happens in light mode. I also get the black on black viewing error in dark mode. I can always click around inside the recipe to expose the elements and "see" the recipe or folder, but it's a bit frustrating. Is there a global preference file I can delete without losing my equipment/recipe database? or would it be best just to dump all preferences?
I have attached a desktop video to show what's happening on my system.
Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• Beersmith error.mp4
    673.4 KB
You need the "3.2.7a" download for High Sierra - it is on the main download page at BeerSmith.com in the Mac section.  It is a different download link than the regular 3.2.7 download button.

Brad

That's it! How did I miss that?

BeerSmith said:
You need the "3.2.7a" download for High Sierra - it is on the main download page at BeerSmith.com in the Mac section.  It is a different download link than the regular 3.2.7 download button.

Brad

I'm having the same problem but I am running Mac OS Big Sur v11.6.  I have downloaded Beersmith 3 version 3.2.7 (not 3.2.7a).  Trashing preferences doesn't seem to help.  I can view recipes when the color theme is set to black, but it is still hard to read this way.  Preferences do not save when changing the theme to any other color like green or blue.  Always launches back into the black theme.  Any help?

Hi,
  On Big Sur, close BeerSmith first, and then go to the Apple Control Panel for your System and go to General settings and put the computer in light mode.
This should correct the visibility issues.

Unfortunately for Big Sur, dark mode is not yet working properly with BeerSmith

Brad

Back