• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Couple of BS3 questions

karthil

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hello all.  I had a couple of questions:
1. Regarding Beersmith 3 in Windows, there's a black color scheme which I've enabled.  But the program is still 90% bright white.  Is there support for dark mode in Windows which will also make the rest of the window dark?  I've enabled dark theming in Windows.  But no impact on Beersmith.
2. Generally speaking, I try to not use the mouse or trackpad both for ergo reasons and speed.  When adding a new recipe, if I hit enter after adding a fermentable, it will close the window.  But, I'd think that generally you're adding more than one fermentable (and probably more than one hop).  So you'd want to keep the window open after adding one of the above.  is there a keyboard button/hotkey that will complete adding the fermentable and act as if you clicked "add fermentable without closing"?

Thanks!

Hi,
  1. Currently the themes are limited - I will be addressing a proper dark mode in an upcoming version which I'm starting work on now.
  2.  There is a button to add an item and keep the window open but you need to click or select it - enter will do the OK action and close the dialog by default (escape will cancel).

Brad

Back