• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

wxWidgets Debug Alert

bartguy

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi, I've been editing a custom brewsheet report that doesn't give any errors. All I've been doing is removing some steps, adding some tags (specifically Equipment Notes: $EQUIPMENT.NOTES), but mostly just changing instruction copy. Now I'm getting a wxWidgets Debug alert when I select the edited report - which leads to BeerSmith 3 crashing and then giving me an "Another copy may be running" alert when I restart the app until I quit the program manually. I haven't been adding any weird characters, so I don't know what's triggering the Debug alert. (report is enclosed.) Any ideas?

I'm using Beersmith 3.2.7 for Mac. My OS is Big Sur 11.5.2.

Thanks.

Attachments

• BrewsheetBart2i.html
    17 KB · Views: 88
  • wx widget alert.png
    wx widget alert.png
    232.4 KB · Views: 179
I'm not 100% sure but the webkit plugin we use can fail with very complex styling like the text at the beginning of your file.  Extensive styling is better done in a separate css file if possible.  Try running it without the long list of style stuff up front and see if it runs clean.

Brad

Back