• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

wxWidget Debug Alert wxCallStrftime()

kalin4o

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm having an issue with the software. Searched the forum, there are similar issues with this debug errors, but not with that specific one. After clicking on Add Recipe a small window appears which says "A debugging check in this application has failed". When I click Continue, I can work on the recipe, but when I go to Starter settings it appears again and the software crashes. This happens with Windows 7 and 10, clean install, licensed and trail version. I suppose that it has connection with the time format or something like that. Maybe because some characters are in Cyrillic?
Attached is a screenshot of the error.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    112.6 KB · Views: 182
Is it happening with one particular recipe or several recipes?

Hi. This is happening with all recipes, new, imported, samples, not with one particular. But I think I found where the problem is.
Today I'm brewing (just boiling the wort) a recipe from the cloud. A Pumpkin Ale, first time brew with pumpkin :) . And I messed around with the software and the regional settings of the Windows (on Win7 64bit and Win10 64bit). In the "Regional and language" settings in ->Control Panel\Clock, Language, and Region, I just set the format to English (United States). Tried several recipes, options, settings and for now it is OK. I'm sure that it is something with the date format. Because the format in the Control Panel was set to Bulgarian (I'm from Bulgaria by the way, greetings from my home town Kazanlak, the Valley of the Tracian Kings and Roses :) ). I'll work for now this way, but it will be nice the software to be able to work with Regional settings different from US, like Bulgarian for example. Thank you!
Be safe and happy brewing!

Back