• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Cloud recipes are gone

kw642

Master Brewer
Reaction score
Like the previous post, my recipes have disappeared.  It happened to me before so this time I put everything on the cloud, but now it's the cloud that's failing me.  The recipe names are there but when you open them it'll say generic things like:  Mash:  "My Mash", Carbonation: "My Carbonation Profile".  Others don't open at all, just say "Error - Recipe is currently open for editing on another computer", which it's not.  Would love to fix all this if anyone knows how.

The open recipe error will clear itself within two hours as the software automatically releases the lock.  You can also access any of them from the web version by logging into your account at BeerSmithRecipes.com

Very likely the lock was left in place by a previous crash.  Again updating the software should resolve these issues - particularly on the Mac where the older version simply does not work with the latest OSX builds.

Brad

Back