• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Radical Brewing Book Review

That's a Great book! I highly suggest it for anyone who wants to expand their brewing!

Cheers
Preston

I am 2/3rds through it now and love it.  A great 202 level book IMHO.  It breaks down almost all types of beer into how, why, when, and how you could do a "pure" rendition or something else fun.  I am excited to make up a few recipes from the styles he is teaching.

I just bought Radical Brewing by Randy Mosher, and am wondering which of these weird recipes to try first. Does anyone have a favorite recipe from this book? Any recommendations?

Kotbüss is one of my favorites from that book. Make sure you give it 3 months to meld or you will be disappointed...

Traditonal brew from the region (county, province) of Germany now called "Cotbuss". Was behind Iron Curtain for a lot of the 20th century. Part wheat, part barley, part oats. Should have a head to eat with a spoon, with a sluggable beer under it. Should go great with Roquefort cheese, most berry based deserts, many smoked meats. Illegal to brew after Rheinheitsgebot 2° oats, wheat, small amounts of honey and molasses.

Cheers
Preston

Back