Author Topic: Lost data from a cloud recipe including beersmithrecipes  (Read 592 times)

Offline bougie1st

  • BeerSmith Master Brewer
  • ****
  • Posts: 76
Lost data from a cloud recipe including beersmithrecipes
« on: February 23, 2022, 06:42:36 PM »
I am towards the end of fermenting a recipe and have just lost a significant amount of data in this file.

I keep my recipes in the cloud while finalising planning, brewing, fermenting and then until the keg is empty.  After that, I move them to the local folder for saving.

This recipe/file was working fine until today.  I took a sample this morning to do a forced diacetyl test and retested the gravity.  I entered some notes and saved, then closed the file and beersmith.

I came back to enter some more data, and a significant amount of detail is lost.  Hops and yeast are missing from the recipe.  The session data is gone. Volumes are there. Fermentation data (temps/gravities) are gone.  Notes are gone.

I have most of those details in the archive, however the fermentation data are missing from the printout - is this a bug/missed section?? - so I cannot simply go back and enter that data in.  This should be addressed if the archive is to serve as a potential back option (by re-entering data)

I cannot find a local copy or backed up version.  Recover from Auto Backup does not seem to include the recipes on the cloud (which also seems to be an issue).

I now cannot access this file on beersmithrecipes.com - it states cannot download from server.

Brad/admin - can you restore it online so that I can get my data back?

I have attached the current bxml file and also the archive print to show that the fermentation data are missing.

Offline bougie1st

  • BeerSmith Master Brewer
  • ****
  • Posts: 76
Re: Lost data from a cloud recipe including beersmithrecipes
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2022, 02:45:32 PM »
I'll put the answer on here as I'm guessing no-one knows how to recover from the archive.  I emailed Brad and he responded directly to me

The solution is to go to the archive, select the version (as I did above) and, rather than generate the pdf, use the copy button on the ribbon.  You can then paste the complete file/record (with everything) into whichever folder you choose, thus recovering it.

A simple and clever solution, if not intuitive

 

modification