• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Creating a equipment profile for 5 gal 220 VAC Brewzilla

hpgarcia70

Apprentice
Reaction score
I recently bought a 220 VAC 5-gallon Brewzilla. I can't find under the equipment profile a profile for my new electric kettle. Is there a profile I can download a profile, or do I need to create one from scratch?

You can click on 'add-ons' and you will be connected to additional profiles for ingredients, styles, and equipment.  Selecting to filter for equipment, there is one profile for a Brewzilla 65L, but not the 35L model.  You may be able to modify this profile based upon the size of your unit which would give you a starting point.

Your next best bet is to check the many videos on YouTube for setting up an equipment profile and search this forum and Brad's blog posts for guides on how to create an equipment profile. 

Either way, each profile would need to be 'dialed-in' to fit your particular unit and process.  Take good readings of your volumes and gravity during your first few brews and use these values plugged into BeerSmith to help you with improving the accuracy of the software in predicting your targets.

hpgarcia70 said:
I recently bought a 220 VAC 5-gallon Brewzilla. I can't find under the equipment profile a profile for my new electric kettle. Is there a profile I can download a profile, or do I need to create one from scratch?

You noted in another post that your friend has a Brewzilla. If it's the same size, get the profile he uses. If the voltage is different, the only thing you'll need to change is the boiloff.

I will repost this here in case you don't see it in your introduction. Setting up your own, personal equipment profile is nearly crucial in getting the most from Beersmith. The profiles supplied in the software and your friends profile will get you close but "close" can cause you many frustrations later on down the road. I don't know how many folks have posted questions wondering why their efficiency is off or their gravity measurements don't match what Beersmith estimated, etc. The answer almost always boils down to the equipment profile.

This link will help you get it set up. The folks in this forum can help you fine tune things. Happy brewing! https://youtu.be/HwEbjOt8OR8

Back