• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Howdy from CO

M

mule

Hi all, I'm Greg.
I'm in the middle of my first brew in 18+ years (grain & syrup, Honey Wheat).....  So, as you can imagine I am totally re learning the craft.  Not joking either.  I decided to start over and re learn everything, it has changed that much.  Plus, I forgot all of the terminology  :eek:

This batch is going to be split between a keg and bottles, I'm on day 5 of the primary fermentation.  I'm racking it to a secondary carboy in another week and a half for a couple more weeks of secondary "cleanup". 
I'm also going to start growing my own hops.  I have Cascade, Chinook, Mt. Hood and Sterling on the way.  I will be planting them in containers.
Cheers.
G

Nice to have you with us! Welcome back to the hobby!

Cheers
Preston

Welcome --- There is a good article in the current issue of Brew Your Own (Kangaroo on the cover) about growing hops in containers. We're planning on growing 5 varieties in containers.

Nice, welcome back. I'm more like the overzealous rookie.  But I seriously need to get some hops down. Or just fly out to WA state for a family reunion every couple months

Back