• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Hello From Cincinnati

B

BillTheSlink

Hello:

My name is Bill.  I am a 33 year old college student and plan to enter a seminary of The Lutheran Church Missouri Synod when I get my B.A. in psychology.  Lutherans have a fine tradition of brewing and I am sure when I learn to brew good beers I'll be one of the most popular men on campus.

I just ordered my set up today from Norther Brewer.  I went all out.  7 1/2 gal brew pot, wort chiller, two glass carboys, all the sundries, and my first two kits are going to be an Irish Red Ale and a Scottish 80 Shilling.  I've been reading all the books, watching all the YouTubes, and even a commercial video for about six months.  I can't wait!

Bill

Welcome to the forum. Best of luck on the Seminary and the brewing. Let us know if we can help (With the brewing part that is).

Cheers
Preston

Welcome aboard Bill!  I am flanked by various churches in my neighborhood and my neighbor was quick to point out that I'm welcome to drink with her and the other Lutherans at any time.  ;)

Good Job on getting a 7.5 gal pot.  You'll have much more flexibility with that than my 5 gal. 

+1 on just hollering for help.

Welcome - this is a great place for info and help

Brewing will test your patience and your faith (faith in fermentation), but in time will reward you in both areas.

Suggestion for brew day #1 .... a rough check list is better than any number of books - recipe sheets etc.

Back