• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Can't get my equipment right

B

BillTheSlink

Hello:

I just ordered my first kits and wanted to input them in to BeerSmith (have heard all the horror stories of bad directions).  I know I need to set up my equipment first.  I followed the directions in the help file about choosing the profile closest to yours and modifying it.  I have a 7 and 1/2 gal stainless brew pot and am just doing extracts with steeped grains.  I choose the 5 gal pot, but I can't get it to change my brew volume.  What should I be changing.  I have to admit I'm not savvy with new software, so if you could be pretty specific I'd appreciate it.

Bill

OK,  I got it right.  I missed a simple step when trying to adjust.  I am using an ink jet that's supposed to be color and I only have B&W ink and when I adjusted it for that condition it printed one step so light I missed it.  My mistake.  :-[

Thank you,
Bill

Back