• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Vista and Beersmith.

ivectoryou

Apprentice
Reaction score
I have Beersmith installed on my old PC with XP.

I bought a new PC with Vista.

I installed Beersmith using the activation code that I originally received.

Went to log on to Vista yesterday a.m. (Administrator account) and got the following message "user profile service failed the log on.  User profile cannot be loaded."

After a couple of restarts of my computer not helping, I logged on under the Guest account and found that I was potentially into a MAJOR problem if a "system restore" (one of their suggestions) didn't work.

Luckily, I was able to perform a restore under the guest account (it let me enter my administrator password....something you couldn't do under XP that I know of).

The system restore worked and I was able to login normally under my account!

The restore took Beersmith off my computer and now I'm afraid that if I put it back on, I could run into the same user profile problems.

My question is:  Does anyone know if there is a problem with Beersmith and Windows Vista that causes this problem and is there a known fix for it?

I searched this website and wasn't able to find an answer to my question.

Thank you!
Dan

Dan,
  I'm certainly not aware of any problems like this before.  I have BeerSmith running on my Vista machines as do many, many others.  Is it possible you had some other change or piece of software involved?

VR
Brad

Thank you for your prompt reply to my question!

I didn't install any other software other than Beersmith that day.

I will try it again and see what happens.  I will make a restore point prior to installing Beersmith.

Thanks again!

Dan

Back