• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

silan (Date Honey )

E

Eddie

I use from time to time Silan (date honey) as sugar supplement (like regular honey) and for dark color (SRM) since it has very dark color. can somebody tell me what are the silan characteristics especially its potential SG and its SRM so i can add it to my sugars list and calculate my recpie parameters.  ::) 

Welcome to the forum.

I have never tried Silan honey. I once picked up a dark honey in Ruidoso NM. The Bee keeper said she was not sure what the bees got into, but it made some really good honey. It was very black in color and was to good to put into anything, so I found myself eating it.

I would hazard a guess that you could duplicate the honey in BeerSmith. The Potential should be about the same, you will need to adjust the SRM until it looks right I would say start at maybe 75 and adjust as needed (I'm just guessing because I have never seen Silan Honey). You might also look at the SRM of Belgian Candi Sugar to get an idea of where to start.

Hope this helps

Cheers
Preston

www.darkcandi.com

has some SRM 80 syrups and all their syrups are 1.032. 

PS:  And the D2 is so good you'll eat it on waffles.  Dark fruits for dubbels, southern browns, etc.

Back