Author Topic: Beersmith 2.0  (Read 94371 times)

Offline wyzazz

• BeerSmith Apprentice Brewer
Re: Beersmith 2.0
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2010, 08:57:22 AM »
Sounds like a good plan, or even have them show proof of purchase from a qualified vendor?  I just purchased this month and would be really bummed if I had to pay full price for a new version. 

Thanks for all you do in the brewing community!

humanjoe

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2010, 09:30:46 AM »
Do you need any additional Alpha or Beta Testers?

Offline BeerSmith

• Brewer, Author, Patriot
  • BeerSmith Administrator
  • BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • BeerSmith - take the guesswork out of brewing!
    • BeerSmith
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2010, 06:04:26 PM »
Not yet, but hopefully soon...still working through the recipe designs.

Cheers,
Brad
Get a free trial of BeerSmith 3 here

Offline dracus

• BeerSmith New Brewer
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2010, 02:36:54 AM »
Well, I'd be more than happy to give you another 20 something bucks... I love beersmith and I know 2.0 will be even better.

Offline jjocsak

• BeerSmith Brewer
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2010, 10:48:47 AM »
Not yet, but hopefully soon...still working through the recipe designs.

Cheers,
Brad

Will there be a call for Alpha/Beta testers?
I would love to test the new version.

Jeff

Offline BeerSmith

• BeerSmith
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2010, 09:22:00 PM »
Yes,
  I will likely post the call for testers in the Help in Development section once we are ready.

Brad

cowstick

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2010, 08:52:15 AM »
Well, I'd be more than happy to give you another 20 something bucks... I love beersmith and I know 2.0 will be even better.

+100000000000000000000

This software has worked wonders for me and my brewing.  Thank you Brad.

Offline bspisak

• BeerSmith Brewer
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2010, 08:00:19 PM »
Do you have a list of upcoming changes for the new version?  I know there's been a lot of things floated in the forums and stuff you said you liked and such, but do we have to wait until 2.0 to see if our favorite new feature is being implemented?  If we knew ahead of time, we could try to bribe you with beer to get something in (or offer to help in some other way. ;-)

SeanGroves

« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2010, 02:09:27 PM »
Brad,

I appreciate your work on BeerSmith and your communication on these forums; it's very cool.

As the OP of the thread was looking for, any idea on when to expect 2.0?

I've recently downloaded 1.4 and enjoy the software and the tools it provides, but as many people, am a bit hesitant to buy given the notion that we could be seeing 2.0 sometime early Summer in just a few months.

Could you provide an update on development?

Thank you!

-Sean

Offline BeerSmith

• BeerSmith
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2010, 10:21:14 PM »
Sean,
  Right now I'm looking at late this fall - ideally before Christmas.  There is still some hard work to be done but I'm planning to take a significant chunk of time off soon to dedicate full time to the final push.

If you are interested in following the release I recommend subscribing to our blog.  I will be posting details as we get closer to release.

VR
Brad

SeanGroves

« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2010, 04:39:04 PM »
Brad,

Thanks for the quick reply.

With the release of 2.0, will there be any type of discount available to those who have purchased 2.0? Also, how will the integration with recipes designed and updated databases and such work with upgrading from 1.4 to 2.0?

Thanks!

Smurfe

« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2010, 02:58:35 PM »
For those out there concerned about buying the current version and then the new version coming out soon after, relax. Just buy the current version, get used to it and then buy the new version when it comes out. It is well worth even if the new version came out 3 days later. This software is priced WELL below it true value. I actually can not believe these developers price these programs at the pricepoint they do. Hell, I spent $125.00 to fix an old PC laptop JUST so I could keep using this program after I bought Macs for the house. I will buy the Mac version the day it is released (or I find out it is available) at full price without complaint (although a discount would be appreciated) and take it and run. This product IS that important to your brewing. I have said before, I have bought every commercial brewing software product available out there and have been disappointed in one way or another with each. Not so here. As I said, this is one of my most valued and important pieces of brewing equipment.

Offline BeerSmith

• BeerSmith
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2010, 05:55:35 PM »
I'm very likely going to offer a discount for a limited time for existing users once the new version comes out.   We'll be posting additional details on our newsletter as we get into testing and closer to release.  I'm taking a significant chunk of time off later in the year to focus full time on the release.

Cheers,
Brad

Offline kingwj

• BeerSmith New Brewer
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2010, 09:20:49 AM »
The Mac version is awesome.  I can finally dump the windows partition which exists only to run BeerSmith.  Hopefully the Mac version will be able to import my Windows generated recipes.  I'll definitely beta the mac version for you, hell, I'll buy the mac beta version.

SeanGroves

« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2010, 12:44:21 PM »
I'm very likely going to offer a discount for a limited time for existing users once the new version comes out.   We'll be posting additional details on our newsletter as we get into testing and closer to release.  I'm taking a significant chunk of time off later in the year to focus full time on the release.

Cheers,
Brad

Ok sounds great. I'll be buying the software when I get home from work this evening.

Thanks for the update Brad, much appreciated!

modification