Author Topic: Beersmith 2.0  (Read 94506 times)

Offline The Chadd

• BeerSmith Apprentice Brewer
Re: Beersmith 2.0
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2010, 09:31:03 AM »
Can't wait for the next rev of Beersmith.  Any teasers for the new version yet?  :)

Offline neut

• BeerSmith New Brewer
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2010, 12:58:56 PM »
Any updates as to when release 2.0 is expected?

Fauxpas360

« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2010, 07:01:24 AM »
Just wanted to put in $.02 on the new version.  I too *will* be buying Beersmith, but I dont want to waste money buying it twice.  Seems like a bad idea to buy v1.4 now.   :(  I've love to buy 2.0 with downgrade rights....  ;D

kc8flq

« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2010, 10:27:36 PM »
I'm thinking of having an upgrade discount price for existing users.  To do it I will need to build some kind of verification method to validate your old registration key.

Brad

Do you have records from online purchases? I purchased mine back in 05, still running ver 1.3. I hate paying for something with an upgrade promise, but then change it to include, oh by the way, you need to pay $XX.XX for an upgrade. Makes customer loyalty almost ziltch......

Offline BeerSmith

• Brewer, Author, Patriot
  • BeerSmith Administrator
  • BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • BeerSmith - take the guesswork out of brewing!
    • BeerSmith
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2010, 08:02:12 PM »
I intend to offer a discount for existing users who want to upgrade, and I do have records for all existing users who purchased through our site.

My goal is to have V2.0 released by the end of the year, but it will depend on how the testing goes.  I'm working on it full time about 4 days a week now to finish.

Brad
Get a free trial of BeerSmith 3 here

jon326

« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2010, 02:22:55 PM »
I intend to offer a discount for existing users who want to upgrade, and I do have records for all existing users who purchased through our site.

My goal is to have V2.0 released by the end of the year, but it will depend on how the testing goes.  I'm working on it full time about 4 days a week now to finish.

Brad

normally i wouldnt pay for upgrades to existing software that i already payed for once, but i highly doubt there will be a big outrage from the brewing community; you're working solo & full time on this, and id gladly pay a little more for the upgrade in lue of all your dedication!

Offline ChrisNH

• BeerSmith Brewer
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2010, 07:55:30 AM »
My goal is to have V2.0 released by the end of the year

Perhaps at some point you can offer a deal to allow a free upgrade to 2.0 for new 1.4 purchasers (or a "get 1.4 with a 2.0 pre-buy..). That would certainly get me off the fence since with my tight family budget I cannot buy the software twice, even with an upgrade discount, in the same year.

Regards,

Chris

Offline guinnessbucsgod

• BeerSmith New Brewer
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2010, 08:19:42 AM »
Brad,

If you need anymore Beta testers please let me know. I am running 1.4 that was a gift, waiting for 2.0 before I mount a PC on my RIM system.

CharlesBoyer

« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2010, 07:10:07 PM »
Any hints as to the feature set that the new version will offer?

Been meaning to ask you forever to include an option to show both °F and °C instead of one or the other.  Seems I have a Celsius thermometer for mashing and Farhenheit on all of my other stuff.  Being able to see both on the brewsheets would be awesome.

Offline jomebrew

• Global Moderator
  • BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
    • Jomebrew
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2010, 03:18:05 PM »
I work in Software QA if you need any QA help.

- jomebrew

Offline Earthson

« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2010, 11:16:37 AM »
 :'( Sorry to be a pain..but any word on when 2.0 version will be ready?  I'm desperate to get it on my MAC.  I'm running parallels, so I could use the PC demo on my Mac for a while, but I'd rather just learn the software once (on my Mac).

Offline Pontius

• BeerSmith New Brewer
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2010, 03:04:32 AM »

Brad

Please Brad.  When is V2.0 ready? 

I have been waiting a long time now and it seems you ignore questions about this, please let us know when it is ready. 

I am on a mac myself and have been waiting a long time on Beersmith for mac now instead of buying another beer software because I figure Beersmith V2.0 will be the best out there.  But I am unable to wait much longer now having being patient and reading in different posts that it hopefully will be out by the end of the year.

Will it?

Offline Earthson

« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2010, 07:29:27 AM »
I emailed Brad, and this is the response I got from him:

My apologies - I get this question a lot and I appreciate your interest!  

I'm working 8-10 hours a day programming the next version of BeerSmith which includes the Mac version.  My current schedule is to have a beta out early next month and then set the launch date once we have some of the initial test results.  Since this is a complete rewrite of the program and I have a large user base, I'm not going to rush the release - I want to make sure it is right!

However, assuming testing goes well, I hope to have it out this Spring including the Mac version.  I have not been talking about it much because I want to get into testing and find out what kind of shape the product is in before I commit to a launch date.  However, if you keep an eye on the site I will have a lot more information about it coming as I get closer to launch.

Cheers!

I'm with you Pontius - can't wait  for the mac release - but I guess we have no choice.  It is better to wait and have an awesome product than getting a half-assed one that'll just have glitches.   :'(  

« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 05:52:52 PM by Earthson »

Offline PintOfBitter

« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2011, 09:18:08 AM »
Any update?  Waiting with bated breath...

Offline foltster

« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2011, 02:45:31 PM »
Hate to be negative, but I have been waiting all fall into winter now to purchase your software.  I can't justify purchasing software I know will be obsolete soon!

Any news on the updated release?

How about giving upgrade protection to new users since the new release appears imminent?

Thanks,
foltster

modification