• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

New to the forum

R

Ray

Hello everyone,
It's Ray here in Sydney and I am just starting my brewing journey after 40 years of enthusiastic consumption of commercial offerings.  (Actually, for the last few years I have drank mostly wine as I was finding commercial beers generally uninteresting and the variety, quality and value of Australian wines is outstanding.) 

Recently a few great microbreweries have appeared in Australia and beer has started returning to our fridge.  My son had started in his father's footsteps (dehydration is a great risk in Australia, and one has to be very careful to keep fluid levels up!) but he acquired the taste and the passion to brew good beer, so here we are!!  He took us straight to tight temperature control during fermentation and maturation and forced carbonation in kegs.  Our first half dozen kit and extract/specialty malt brews look like keeping me out of the commercial beer market for the forseeable future.  The results have been so good we are planning to shift to all grain brewing later this year as we build up the necessary gear.

Thanks for the great forum, it certainly provides a wealth of ideas and practical tips, and we look forward to the journey.   

Great to have you with us. Hydrate and be merry!  ;D

Cheers
Preston

Welcome to the Forums you will find a great deal of information here.

Happy Brewing
Chris

Back