• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Creating a new style guide

martinb

Apprentice
Reaction score
As a brewer in Sweden I use the style guide from the Swedish Homebrewers Society (Svenska Hembryggareföreningen, SHBF).
Today I decided to actually create the style guide in BeerSmith but in a short while I ran into two problems.
1. When createing a beer style, color is entered in SRM. The SHBF style guide use EBC and when trying to convert from EBC to SRM (SRM=EBC*0,508) BeerSmith rounds off the SRM-value leaving me with a "faulty" EBC-value.
2. Some beers in the SHBF style guide profile have too much text.

Is the easiest way to change this to export the style to BeerXML and correct these values?

Hi,
  1. Try changing your color option to EBC when entering it (go to the Options dialog, tools menu, then units).
  2.  Sorry about the text limits - I'm correcting this in version 2.0 but at the moment the changes are hard coded and its not possible to expand them.

Cheers,
Brad

I've set the unit to EBC but in the Style dialog SRM is still the input type. Hopefully this will be fixed along with the text in an upcoming update :)
Until then I guess I'll enter all my values, export to XML and then alter the XML-file.

Hi!

I have the same problem. I have tried to calculate using the 1,97 factor but unforteunatley the EBC displayed will be a litle more off than i like due to the fact that the program have only one decimal.

I have also tried setting options to EBC and it works everywhere except in the styles view.

Back