• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Brewing Classic Styles, recipe spreadsheet and database

bdjwayne

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi everyone.  Before you can use Beersmith, you have to have a beer recipe in mind.  I have read Brewing Classic Styles by Jamil Zainasheff and John Palmer from cover to cover several times.  I really think it is a big help to newer brewers and advanced brewers alike.  But the book isn't organized by ingredients.  In other words, if I wanted to brew another beer with a re-pitch of Irish Ale yeast, I'd have to go through the entire book, recipe by recipe until I found one.  I made an excel spreadsheet that gives every every recipe in the book, along with all the specs, ie. IBU, SRM, ABV, and the suggested ingredients like grains, extracts and yeast, and made the spreadsheet.  It's easy to search for your ingredients then just scroll to the left to find the recipe and page number from the book.  Here is the link if anyone would like to download it: http://www.winning-homebrew.com/recipe-database.html
I hope everyone finds it as useful as I do. 

Bobby Don Johnson
-Mob Barley-

Back