• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Wychwood Wychcraft clone

Berkyjay

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
So I am going to start a new brew this weekend and I really want to do a clone of Wychcraft.  Two questions I have for anyone willing to reply.

1) What yeast would be a good match for this Amber?

2) I really want to replicate the citrusy flavor in the brew but I am not really sure where it comes from.  The yeast?  The hops? Additives?

Any other advise would be welcomed.

hey Berk.... I have no Idea what yeast you would use. I would choose wyeast 1056. It leaves a nice clean finish that allows the hop charactor to shine through. This is where your citrusy flavor/ aroma comes from. check out this link...
http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/wychwood-wychcraft/49716/6738/
I believe they use a small amount of fuggles w/ goldings as the fwh and two more doses of the styrian goldings. I have never tasted this beer, but have had a batch of HB turn out extremely citrusy a few years ago. MAN I wish I had the recipe. It very well likelkey used golding hops...
PLEASE my friend, share the recipe, and let us know how it turns out.

Back