• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Inventory/shopping list issue

nostalgia

Apprentice
Reaction score
I added malto-dextrine to my shopping list today.  I put in 59oz.  I then clicked 'add to inventory.'  When I look in my inventory, I have 59oz of M-D as expected.

I then added M-D to the shopping list again, this time putting in 1lb.  When I hit "OK" it showed the Amount at 1lb and the inventory as 59lb!  I hit the "Add to inventory" button anyway to see what would happen.

Much to my surprise, my inventory now contains 60oz of M-D.  When I go back to the shopping list, it shows the inventory as 60lb.

This will wreak havoc with my recipes when I try to remove the ingredients from inventory.

Thanks,

-Joe

Joe,
  Sorry - looks like a bug affecting misc ingredients.  Since misc ingredients have their own dropdown for units, there is no automatic unit conversion like there is with the other items (grains, hops, etc).  I believe it assumes similar units for the same misc item when you add a new item to inventory.

I will correct this - just never caught it as a bug before.

Thanks,
Brad

Brad,

It's not specific to misc. items.  I just tried it with 2-row and it does the same thing.

I had 10lbs in stock and put 3oz on my shopping list.  When I pressed 'OK' the inventory listing changed to 10oz on the Shopping screen.  When I press "Add list to inventory", the inventory column remains at 10oz.

If I then switch to the Inventory page, it shows 13lbs in stock.  If I switch back to the Shopping page, it shows 13oz in the inventory column.

-Joe

Joe,
  Thanks - I'll take a look at it.  I believe the inventory does a straight add when it should probably do the full unit conversion.  I assume you are typing the "3 oz" into the field when adding?

Brad

Brad,

While in the Grains & Extracts view I select the 2-row and press 'Add to List' to put it in the shopping list.

In the Shopping List view I double click 2-row.  The Purchase box has 1.00 in it, and the unlabeled box next to it says "lb".  The inventory says "10.00" with no units.  Unit price 1.25 $/lb.  There is no units dropdown.  I'm guessing this is why it's a problem.

When I type "oz" into that box, the unit price changes to $/oz.

-Joe

Back