• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Hello from North Florida

kgs

Apprentice
Reaction score
I've been brewing about six months and purchased BeerSmith several weeks ago. I've enjoyed good beer for decades and thought it would be fun to try to brew my own, and we have a great homebrew store in Tallahassee (Homebrew Den).

I've done about eight batches, starting with extract+steeping grains kits and moving into true partial mash with a mini-mash-tun I built from a 2-gallon cooler. I have been mostly brewing half-batches to teach myself technique without saddling myself with a lot of mediocre beer (some batches have been great, some have had issues :) ). Using yeast starters for the last two batches has made a big difference.

I enjoy all good beers, and though I have a high-gravity IPA ready to bottle (Jaggery IPA, from Radical Brewing) I am also interested in exploring straightforward styles such as oatmeal stout.

K.G. Schneider, Tallahassee

Great to have you with us! Welcome to the forum

Cheers
Preston

Welcome aboard

I bounce between extract+steeping and mini-mashing --- both give me the results I'm looking for in brewing. I like finding recipes and using BeerSmith to tweak them to my taste

Back