• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Iris corkers

Berkyjay

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
So I am looking to bottle a batch of beer into some 750ml bottles I have been collecting.  I also want to cork them in the style that most Belgian beers are corks (with the cork mushroomed on top).  So I was able to discover that I need an Iris corker to accomplish this style of corking.  I'm curious if anyone here has used one of these and if this is correct information.

Thanks

http://www.homebrewadventures.com/shopping/index.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=homebrew&Product_Code=CAP-CS <-- check that out.

That's what I have, and I bottle 750mL with the belgian corks and wire hoods. What I do is set it at a height that is about 2-3 inches above the top of the bottle. Stick a small piece of 2x4 under the bottle, then insert the cork until there is about 3/4" left out side of the bottle. Then remove the 2x4 and push the cork and bottle the rest of the way out of the corker. Voila! It's a little time consuming, but I didn't have to buy a special corker.

Darin

Back