• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

new setup

MaltLicker

Forum Moderator
Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Brewed on new setup Friday.  Mistakes were made.  Pump didn't work.  Temps were missed.  Boilover.  Airlock splurge.  Beer was brewed. 

Attachments

• setup2 copy.jpg
    setup2 copy.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 430
  • airlock3 copy.jpg
    airlock3 copy.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 421
Why didn't the pump work? I know those March pumps (it looks like that's what you have) are only rated for 12' of head. It sure doesn't look like your setup is that tall though. Interesting. I have two of those pumps and they work wonderfully.

Darin

I had tested the pump once before brewing, but it had been awhile, so I connected things differently Friday and it was sucking air until I switched things around and tightened some connections.  By then, the strike water temp had slipped. 

The ferm was quick though...primary ferm activity is already done after just 60 hours. 

Of course the strike water cooled off too much! And a sixty hour fermentation! Now you're brewing like a professional.

Darin

Back