• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Price tally for the shopping list.

A

angus

I know that a lot of us are hobbyists and, are limited to specific stores to purchase supplies due to our brewing hobby.  I use the same local brewery for my supplies.  The prices I pay for them change very little over time.  I think that it would be nice to have a place to enter price/unit for ingredients.  This could also carry over to the recipe view as a price per batch and to the shopping list as a tally.  

Angus,
I actually thought of this - believe it or not there is already space in each of the records for a price.

The big item stopping me is internationalization...I need to be able to support lots of different currencies for worldwide use.

Look for it in a future release - though I'm not sure it will make it in the version I'm currently working on.

Cheers!
Brad

I use 4 suppliers and this would be most helpful in my particular case since my finances limit me to frugal shopping for the best quality at a reasonable prices 8).

Brad, this is a great program...I love it!!!

Why can't it be a blank unit.
So you don't have to take into consideration currency conversions.

10 lbs of pale malt with a .9 unit.

You would just have it multiply quantity by the unit and add the total.

OK,
 The price feature probably won't make the next update, but it could be done shortly after that.

The feature I'm planning to offer will allow you to enter a price for a certain quantity (for example grain is $1.10 per pound).  Then it will calculate the price tally for your recipe, inventory items, etc...

Its not that hard to implement the international currency, and I think it is important for international use.

Cheers!
Brad

Back