• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Reinstalling BeerSmith

J

JWLong52

I tried to DL the trial version of BS today in an effort to fix the Brewsheet issue I've been having.  It wants me to enter the registration code..

Question: If I re-enter my code does that use up my license to use it on a second computer? 

No,
  You should be OK as long as you are not using more than two simultaneously.

Cheers,
Brad

OK, I uninstalled and re-installed but the problem is still with me.  What I have also noticed is that NO print function works in BS.

No clue.

Hi,
  Likely one of the files in your original install is corrupt and reinstalling did not overwrite it.  I would suggest making a backup and then reinstalling to another directory (such as one under your Documents directory) and then reimporting stuff from your backup BSM files once you have it running again.

Cheers,
Brad

I uninstalled again and reinstalled into another diectory.  Now, not only will the brewsheet not come up, I lost all my recipes.

Hmmm,
  Well your recipes are in the Recipes.bsm file which should be in your old directory (C:\Program Files\BeerSmith).  You can open that file and copy/paste what you need.

The brewsheet and preview window uses Internet Explorer for preview - is it possible you have a problem with internet explorer itself such as some spam or incomplete updates?

Cheers,
Brad

Well, Like and idiot, I removed the folder that had the recipes, so they're gone. 

I use Firefox and it is allways updated.  I tried to get it to work in (updated) Explored too and it won't.

uncle

Back