• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Carbonation profile suggestion

M

meadows57

Brad,

Would it be possible to add a dedicated "batch size" option to the carbonation profile area.  I would guess that most homebrewers shoot for 5.5 to 6 gallons into the fermentor, whereas post-fermentation volumes would be close to or equal to the standard 5 gallon batch.  Currently, there is only one volume selection option available, and it works great for calculating ingredients vs style values.  The only drawback is when it comes to calculating proper carbonation levels based on final volume.  Then it requires the user to remember to select a different volume.

Mark Meadows
Enterprise, AL

Mark,
  On a future version I'm working to have a final batch size in the equipment profile so you can account for losses in fermentation/post fermentation.  This would be used for the carbonation calculations.  I think this will address your concern.

Cheers,
Brad

Back