• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Saving Recipes

Robdog

Apprentice
Reaction score
Please count me in among those that would prefer if Beersmith actually asked if you want to save your changes instead of assuming it, or at least give me the option of choosing an autosave.  Every other program I use (and I use a lot of them throughout the day) prompts me for a save to an existing document.  When I go into Beersmith to alter an existing recipe I have no record of the previous incarnation.  Of course I know how to get around this by creating a copy or moving it into another directory, or using the "lock" feature to remind myself, but wouldn't be more user-friendly to have it work as most other programs on the planet?  Sorry to bag on an otherwise stellar application but this really becomes a problem when I want to do something simple like convert a recipe to see what the alterations look like and I loose my original recipe.

Cheers.

Hi,
  Go to "Options" on the tools menu to open the options dialog, click on the "Advanced" tab, and select the box that says "Confirm changes before closing an open recipe" -- it will now ask you every time you close a recipe without saying OK/changing it.

Cheers,
Brad

Ok, If that works (and I suspect it will) I am going to be really annoyed with myself for not sussing that out earlier.  I've looked in the advanced options tab a couple of times and kept missing that check box!  Thanks for your patience.

Cheers,

-r

Back