• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

yeast

nubru

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi everyone my question is pitching on the primary yeast cake would it be over pitching, another question how long after transfering to the secondary can the yeast be held in the primary if it can at all. update on the wyeast 1762 10 days and still working am swirling 3or 4 times a day to keep it up its been slow working throughout gravity is down tastes pretty good for a still fermenting wort.finally read all 31 pages great questions and answers

No it is not over pitching. You don't need to aerate you wort because there is already enough live yeast to get the job done. I have waited as long as a week, As long as the Air Lock was on I would say the longest would be about a month, I would not try that tho. But if you needed to keep it longer, I would suggest cooling it off in your fridge. My SWMBO may not like that to much tho...  :'(

Glad to hear your Belgian is ok. I would think that after 10 days it would be close to being finished. I have good success with 1762, so hopefully you will also.

Cheers
Preston

Thanks Preston Im going to transfer it to my secondary today then go buy more ingredants to make another im lovin it

Back