• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

And now for something completely different...

ibrewalot

Master Brewer
Reaction score
This seemed like the closest place to post this, but I thought you folks might get a kick out of my "brew modded" computer (Brad, if you think this should be in a different topic, please feel free to move it, ok?).  In the computer gaming community it's common to want to have something "different" and "smaller is better".  This case is only 11.5"x11.5"x5.5", but has all the latest and greatest hardware inside.

Anyway, if you want to see the pics here's the link:
http://webpages.charter.net/ibrewalot/beersideUnlit.JPG

Very impressive!

I assume you kept it small for portable use in brewing sessions?

A friend of mine has several of these "micro" board computers in various platforms.  He has one in a very small old luggage piece, another in a steel case with a complete dual sound system for use in DJ'ing.  My personal favorite is his "MAME" version which consists of a computer mounted under a two player joystick and trackball control panel.  Using the MAME emulator it can play hundreds of old computer arcade games.  He has a projector with it so you can project the whole thing on the wall and play the games.  Since the package is basically the control panel and projector it is also very portable.

Cheers!
Brad

Back