• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Add a Grain to the database

Brewhaha

Apprentice
Reaction score
How do I go about adding a grain to the database?  In this particular case, I want to add Carastan 30/37.  I know it's potential (1.034) and it's SRM (30) but I have not been able to find any other of the info that is normally listed in the database.

Thanks!
BrewHaha

I figured out how to add a grain to the database..woo-hoo! However does someone know where I can get some info on this Carastan 30/37?  I know the Potential and the SRM but the database has entries for:

Dry Yield Fine Grain
Coarse/Fine Diff
Moisture
Diastatic Power

I can't find these anywhere and I'd like to update BeerSmith.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
BrewHaha

Brewhaha said:
I figured out how to add a grain to the database..woo-hoo! However does someone know where I can get some info on this Carastan 30/37?  I know the Potential and the SRM but the database has entries for:

Dry Yield Fine Grain
Coarse/Fine Diff
Moisture
Diastatic Power

I can't find these anywhere and I'd like to update BeerSmith.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
BrewHaha

Did this ever get figured out? I'm trying now to add Carastan to my BS.

You would normally find this info from the maltster.  Carastan30/37 is pretty much identical to all the caramel 30 or caramel 40s out there so I would just use the values for those.

Back