• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Greetings from Elizabeth Colorado

• Thread starter Stagecoach Homebrew
  • Start date
S

Stagecoach Homebrew

Hello.

I am fairly new to homebrewing.  I have been at it for about a year.  I have brewed an Oktoberfest (twice - I really like that one - it mellows with age), Fat Tire Clone (I really like the original from NBB - trying to find the right recipe to make a close clone), Basic ale, Pumpkin Porter (pulled from the pages of Extreme Brewing by Sam Caligione), Belgian Grand Cur (pulled from the pages of Joy of Home Brewing by Charlie Papazian), and a Crystal Honey Lager (I'm not so good at lagers - don't have the right eqpt.)

I have done extract only up to this point, as I don't have the funds necessary to buy the equipment necessary for all-grain yet.  Hope to get there soon, though.  I have quite a few coolers at my disposal that I can use to turn into a mash tun.  I just need the funds for a larger brew pot.

The folks at The Brew Hut / Dry Dock Brewery have been most helpful (thanks a million)

I also make wine, but the fruits of the labor are much longer in coming there.

Cheers,

Robert Hamilton

Welcome to the forum! Let us know if we can help.

Cheers
Preston

How high do you want to fly with all grain?  I made 2 keggles for about $100 including fittings.  Otherwise a 8 gal turkey pot with get you through a 5 gallon batch nicely.

Back