• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Changes to Brewsheet

U

unclejack

Is there a way that I can go into the brewsheet and add steps to the "Brewing Steps" sheet that I print out for my brewing day work sheet?

No,
 Unfortunately the brewsheet is not something you can edit within the program at the moment.

However, if you are ambitious, you can try the following:

1. Go to the main recipe view (i.e. don't open the recipe), and put the preview window in brewsheet mode by clicking the "Preview as brewsheet" button.  You should see the brewsheet for the currently selected recipe in the preview pane.

2. Right click on the preview pane and pick the "Select All" command.

3. Right click on it again and select "Copy".

4. Open up a word processor such as Microsoft Word and then paste the text into it.

If everything went well you now have the brewsheet imported into Microsoft word where you can now edit it.

Cheers!
Brad

Thanks for the tip Brad.

Can I then import the changes back into my BeerSmith program? Right now I am putting all my "recipe twekies" into the notes section & make hand written notations in the chronological column to "see notes".

Is this addition something that is being considered for future updates to the program?

Thanks, U.J.

No,
 There is no way to import them back into the program at this time.

This is an interesting suggestion - perhaps I could have notes that might go with different sections of the process (mashing, boiling, etc...).

For now, I recommend just adding annotations to the notes section.

Cheers!
Brad

Thanks Brad. I'll keep doing what I am doing then, & You keep doing what you are doing . . . which is GREAT!!!

I love the BeerSmith program!

U.J.

Brad, I understand the chain here, but is there any plans to be able to edit the brewsheet? Sure stuff can be put in notes but those don't show up on the brewsheet either. A hypothetical, i enter a recipe someone sent me, and there are "special instructions" even if they are in the notes and I print out the brewsheet to take into the kitchen I will not have those special instructions with me. So I guess what I am suggesting is if the brewsheet could be edited and/or notes be printed on the brewsheet.

Jeff

Hmmm,
 I'm a bit confused.  If the recipe has any notes associated with it- it does show up at the bottom of the brewsheet on the released version.

I just checked it.  It appears at the very bottom below the table of steps.

Cheers!
Brad

Brad,

Sorry your right, once again fingers quicker than the brain.

Jeff

Back