• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Clone for Pelsforth Brune

• Thread starter Happy Frogs Brewery
  • Start date
H

Happy Frogs Brewery

I am still a neophyte at brewing and have been greatly helped by all of you veterans on this board, but there is one brew I have yet to see mentioned.
Several years ago I had the pleasure of traveling to France. There we had a very nice beer called Pelsforth, in both light and dark configurations. The beer is not available in the US. Supposedly they sold the recipe for the dark to Coors which used it for Killians Irish Red. It doesn't taste anywhere near as good. Although in all fairness, any beer drank at sunset on the north coast of France with a pretty woman by your side will taste better than almost any beer in the US  ;)
So my question to all you fine brewers is: Have you ever heard of this and is there a recipe available?

I did a quick glance, and don't have anything to show for it. Sorry! If you find one, Post it here if you don't mind.

Cheers
Preston

Preston, Thanks for taking the time to look. If I come across it else where I will certainly post. I have learned so much from this board, I
would like to be able to give a little back.

Back