• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Exports ffor BJCP tourny

• Thread starter David Oldenburg
  • Start date
D

David Oldenburg

I like BeerSmith better than ProMash, but one of the advantages to ProMash is the option to print recipes in BJCP competition form format and as bottle labels as well.  That would be extremely handy.

Also, ProMash supports the AHA style profiles in addition to BJCP.

If you add these two things to BeerSmith, I think ProMash would have a lot of trouble competing!

Dave,
 The next version of BeerSmith will actually support export in a lot of formats including custom formats.  You can make a text, HTML or XML file and include fields in it like $NAME $BOIL_TIME and so on and they will be replaced by the value from the recipe (or other data) when you select that report.

I also intend to have a "competition" style sheet with the program, but you will also be able to make your own if you prefer.

In addition I'm finalizing a Beer XML format that BeerSmith will support along with several other software makers.  It will be fully documented and openly published on our web site for anyone to use.

As for the AHA styles, the main reason I don't support them is that they were abandoned by AHA several years ago.  AHA now endorses the BJCP style for all sanctioned competitions.

Cheers!
Brad

Brad,

Wow, very impressive.  Thanks for the quick reply.  I stand corrected on the AHA style guidelines; I didn't know they'd abandoned them.

I'm quite excited for that next release, although I'm just getting to know the current one.  Is there any kind of ETA on that?  If not, I'll quit bugging you for one -- I'm a programmer, too!

David

David,
 All I can say now is late Spring to early summer...I'm still heavily involved in the coding phase

Cheers!
Brad

Back