• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

kegging parts?

SOGOAK

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
I think I can get cornies through my club for $10ea.  But I am trying to decide if I want a little keggerator for 2 cornies at a time that is a nice looking unit or converting a fridge which is more flexible and probably cheaper.  I am thinking twin taps.  Where did you guys get your stuff?

My wife bought me a kegarator from Home Depot  a few years ago.  It was actually an engagement present, when she got a ring I got a kegerator (long story).  Its counter height so in our old apartment we set it at the end of the kitchen counter and it looked more or less like an extension of the counter.  In our new home it sits nicely in our dining room.  It's a good looking unit so SWMBO doesn't mind having it in the house.  I can fit three corny's in there which is perfect for me.  I know some have more in converted fridges buts hard enough keeping three beers on three taps, any more might get tough.  I think there are pros and cons to the fridge.  The pros are as you've mentioned, a little versatility and, depening on the set up, you can get more cornies than these kegerators.  The down side, in my opinion, are the aesthetics.  I think converted fridges look a little low rent.  I've seen some really nice ones but for the most part what I see is some old fridge (first problem probably) that someone takes and converts then puts a ton of beer stickers on it.  Now don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with this set up if your beer is banished to the garage or if your fortunate enough to have some sort of man cave but my wife would never allow something like that in our dining room (just feet from the main t.v.)

$.02 

http://hdtvdreams.com/danby-dkc645bls-5.8cf-beer-keg-cooler-kegerator.aspx

Cool, I will have to check that out.  You pretty much covered all my thoughts.  We saw a guy run refridgerated tap lines from his basement to kitchen on tv but I think a nice counter type unit makes sense.  Plus I have a back porch that I can roll it out to for parties.

Back