• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

more time!

SOGOAK

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
I read threads like brewing depression and underscore the need to teach younger guys with no responsibility.  They have unlimited time to brew.

That's a class I would like to take, When do you plan on starting enrollment? Although I don't pass as a young guy, (42) :p can I still come?  ;D

Cheers
Preston

I'm 37 but some coworkers are on 23.  That is the guy I'm trying to bring into the fold. He likes real beer already, although I wonder if some of our perspective after roaming a few more years isn't important. 

Find out where near you someone is holding an event on sat Nov 7th, National Teach a Friend to Homebrew Day (AHA). Tell him he needs to be there to see how easy it is (and, of course, free beer)

I actually got back into brewing unintentionally by offering to take a beer-loving friend to the LHBS, and then offered to brew a recipe kit with him.  We found the local club, joined, and both have gone bonkers.  He is probably a month away from opening a 15-barrel brewery. 
My pitch to him was "if you like good beer, you should learn to brew your own" b/c you can make exactly what you like and it can be less expensive. 

Back