• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Hello from Louisville, KY!

F

funkybrewster

Hello everyone! My name is Ryan. I am relatively new to homebrewing (about 6 months on the job) but I have dreamed of doing it for, truly, years. My first beer was done before I had read Charlie P's Joy of Home Brewing or anything else and I regretfully followed the instructions on the IPA kit to add 2 pounds of corn sugar. Well, I ended up with something that tasted more akin to hard cider than IPA! Well, I didn't let that dissuade me and have jumped in head first, brewing a Belgian triple, an English pale, a dunkelweizen and a doppelbock since, to much, much better results (each batch gets noticeably better). I am hooked. I hope to use this site to not only leech off your knowledge and experience but also to meet like-minded folks and hopefully make some friends in the home brew world! Thanks for having me!

Welcome aboard ryan!  There are some very knowledgeable brewers here.

Welcome to the Forum, and remember. Brew Like a mad man!  ;D

Cheers
Preston

Back