• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Howdy from Kansas

B

barnyard

I have brewed professionally in Oregon and Washington for ten years and during that time trained at Siebels in Chicago and Doemans just outside of Munich, Germany. I also worked at 23rd St Brewery in Lawrence, Ks- where we won the Silver medal for Irish Red in 2007 at the GABF. I moved back to the Midwest with the intent of starting my own brewery someday. In the meantime I am brewing in my buddies backyard, developing my beer recipes on a homemade, on-of-a-kind three tier, all-grain system (it's in my pic). We have developed a fun routine of making beer and then throwing a party to empty the kegs- to make room for more beer! If you want to come by for one of our beer tasting parties email me or follow us on twitter @barnyardbeer, or facebook or our website.

Right now what we do is homebrewing but we hope to someday get busy in a serious way. I hope I can learn from this site and also add my own input as a way to help others get the most out of the brewing experience. This is truly a hobby for those who want to accomplish something bigger than themselves and I hope I can share that with others.

Back