• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Happy Brewing from a Norwegian in Pennsylvania

aledawg

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I began home brewing less than 12 months ago when my wife told me it was time to put my money where my mouth was and not in the cash register of the local sports bar.  This was a Sunday in mid-November last year, and less than a month later I had joined my local home brew club (www.aleiens.com),  and had my first beer underway.

I quickly realized the need for understanding the recipes, ingredients, and all the other aspects of the process and began looking for tools.  I've been a BS fan ever since.

In the months that have passed, I have recently moved to All-Grain, completed around 10 batches of good and near-good beer, and recruited a few friends into the passion along the way.

My home brew club, ALEiens, was started only 16 months ago, but has grown to over 100 members.  I enjoy our monthly meetings as we discuss brewing, share experiences, and have had quite a few fabulous quest appearances from breweries and our own experts.

I am lucky enough to travel a bit during my working hours, and for the past few months I've been combining work with beer passion in Germany and Belgium.  Should you care to look at some "travel reports", as well as a self-invented, home-made, big brew day + teach-a-friend-to-brew day, please feel free to check this out:  http://www.aleiens.com/profiles/blog/list?user=0kau5nkf77onl

Should you be in the Philadelphia area, I urge you to check out our club, our regular meeting place at the Hulmeville Inn (www.hulmevilleinn.com), and perhaps join us.

Ultimately, but who knows when, my little family will relocate back to Norway where I'm originally from.  Given the lack of good beer at sane prices, I think home brewing here in the US is a good strategy for keeping sane over there....

I'm a great fan of BeerSmith, and I cannot wait to see what Brad has in store for us next.

Happy brewing, everyone!

Eivind

aka Aledawg

edit: I hate missstyping and poorly grammar....

Back