• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Add "Misc." catagory to "Use During" for Inventory Item

psark

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I like to keep track of costs for misc. items (like StarSan, propane, O2 etc.) which I use throughout the brew process.  A "misc." category for the USE DURING selection when setting up the item would not only be more accurate, but would prevent the brewsheet from telling me things like "Add 1 oz. StarSan to Primary".

I enter items under Misc such as "Wort Chiller" and "Prep Yeast Starter" so that I don't forget them. 

Can you do something so that items like that could be set to always be "one" so I am not told to add 1.2 Wort Chillers? 

Maybe another category such as "Action" or "To-Do" ?

For the next version I'm thinking of adding the ability to insert custom steps in at various points in the brewsheet so you can have special steps show up on your brewsheet at various stages in the process.

Brad

Although not directly related to the OP's idea, it is somewhat related as far as organizing our inventory.

I would like to see a line added to the inventory to alow for a, "note".  I would use it this way:  "Inventory updated on 10/26/09, just after brewing the IPA".  This will allow me to know the my inventory is accurate and up to date as I always know when I brewed last, or, stopped at my LHBS.

Back