Author Topic: Expanded Mash Temp/Infusion Schedule  (Read 3864 times)

atarlecky

Expanded Mash Temp/Infusion Schedule
« on: October 27, 2009, 10:00:59 PM »
It would be nice to have expanded temperature schedules printed on a report in situations where the temperature of the grain or mash can lay in a range of temps and not necessarily at the exact point that we specified in the mash profile step.

It would be a time-saver to be able to take a real time measurement and look something up on a printed grid in a matter of seconds rather than having to run back to the PC to use the items in the Tools menu (e.g. "Strike/Infusion Temp" and "Adjust Mash").

Offline BeerSmith

• Brewer, Author, Patriot
  • BeerSmith Administrator
  • BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • BeerSmith - take the guesswork out of brewing!
    • BeerSmith
Re: Expanded Mash Temp/Infusion Schedule
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 08:39:23 PM »
Hi,
  I'm not sure exactly what you are asking for.  Did you want a mash temperature graph of some kind or the ability to enter actual mash temperatures vice predicted??

Brad
Get a free trial of BeerSmith 3 here

atarlecky

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 05:11:10 AM »
Hi Brad,

No... just a grid with a range of initial grain temps and associated infusion temps. As an example - I just made this up...

Grain Temperature Step Temp
and so on...and so on...

As current recipe data is static: the assumption is made that you know exactly your starting grain temp or will be perfectly timed to do your next infusion. However, I keep my grain outside, teh ambient temp changes, I get delayed which prevents me from infusing at exactly the right time/temp, etc... all introducing variables that rarely match up correctly with the recipe.

So my proposal is to have a second page as part of the report that lets me see what the infusion temps should be based on real time data - without having to go back to the computer and calculate using the tools.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 05:14:24 AM by atarlecky »

Offline UselessBrewing

• BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • Useless Brewing
    • Useless Brewing
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2009, 08:13:09 AM »
Interesting Idea...

+1

Cheers
Preston
The woodpecker pecks, Not to annoy, But to survive!